View Single Post
Old 09-16-2006, 07:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I've been on it since June, 200 mg. day, am supposed to add another 100 mgs but hesitate because of weight gain!! I've gained 15 lbs and I eat very little most days. I seem to put it on in the "belly and behind" first, so I'm already up 2 pant sizes - in 3 months! At this rate, am afraid to think what size I will be by end of the year, without adding an extra 100 mg/day

I was REALLY hoping the weight gain problem was one of the side effects of Neurontin they had "fixed" when they developed Lyrica. Otherwise, I don't notice any problems with it, and it DOES help with the nerve pain. I take Cymbalta as well for depression and nerve pain and the combo works better than anything else for me so far.

I'm also a little hesitant to go to higher doses of Lyrica because at higher doses of Neurontin I had problems with blood in the urine, I think it was affecting the kidneys. Although very rare, there had been some incidence of this in the clinical trials (for Neurontin, not Lyrica). Anyway, I was taken off Neurontin at that point, which I understood, and agreed with, but I soon learned how much the Neurontin had been helping me, and haven't found anything since that is as effective. I was glad to hear of Lyrica's development and lower dosage and side effect profile, and hope the problem doesn't reappear and take away this source of relief!

beth
beth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote