View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 03:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Alice md, are you treated at a university hospital? I guess my point is is this a rare doc you found in his own practice? Is your breathing the concern or all body weakness? I am assuming that you just do the one shot that the safety shot that is given before in hospitals for test purposes is not given.

I just called the Valeant Company to see if they would discuss the differences. Boy it is hard as you have to realize they arent gonna say "oh yes your kidneys are gonna have a hard time processing it." She started talking about needing clinical trials and I knew I had lost her. So I back tracked and said changed my wording. I did tell her that the prostigmine doesnt cause the severe cramping and explosive diareah while having a stronger affect on my symptoms.

I am glad for your story as this gives me some info to share with the new neuro I am seeing November 2nd. My current neuro will do no more to treat me. She'll call and listen as my other docs see when she doesnt but treating me with something more it is gonna take a different doc.

Annie59

Quote:
Originally Posted by alice md View Post
The answer is yes, I have used them for more then a year on a pretty regular basis. But, it is possible that you will have the same side effects that you did with the oral form, although, sometimes the adverse reaction is not to the active ingredient but to other elements that are added to make it an oral agent and then an injection would not cause the same problems. I injected them sub-cutaneously or IM whenever I had more severe symtpoms which could not be controlled with mestinon alone.
Annie59 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote