View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 11:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Sometimes Life Just Isn't Fair!

I am posting this story to ask for your prayers and/or good vibes to be sent this way for a couple who are dear friends of mine.

Bobby and I met through the local support group. We had a lot in common. I had just had experimental brain surgery, and he had done so at the same facility about a year prior.

Bobby had the worst dyskinesia that I have ever witnessed, and I've seen many. His head, for example rolled like the exorcist . Bobby was in the DBS study, and it had done wonders for him. But he needed more than an experimental surgery. He was unemployed, going through a divorce, and was being "cared for" by his first-grade daughter! And all of this misfortune was directly linked to having Parkinson's. (sound familiar)

Then Bobby's luck started getting better. He had the opportunity to have DBS again (only this time more strategically by using STN placement (subthalmic nucleus). His dyskinesia was almost entirely absent - for a while.

A dear, sweet lady who had lost her husband to cancer, Judy, found Bobby, and the two clicked. They had years of fighting the system and could not marry because the insurance would be dropped on Bobby. However, just recently I attended a lovely Hawaiian wedding - the bride and groom being Judy and Bobby.. I even took Bobby to a PAN forum a few years back.

And they lived happily ever after . . . NOT! Judy was having some neurological problems, and just this week had tumors removed from her brain. OK - things are still looking good . . . NOT again! The path report came back that Judy has GBM tumors - glioblastomas - the most aggressive type of brain cancer known.

Like I said, life just isn't fair. Judy was discharged to go home yesterday, and I'll pay my visits (taking fried chicken today), but what next? There's really nothing they can do for Judy, and Bobby needs help as his PD progresses. He's been on a walker for some time and his voice is barely decipherable.

So I ask for the one thing you can do - no, make that two things. Send prayers and good vibes their way. . . and do all in your power to help fight ALL neurological illnesses, especially Parkinson's.

Oh, a bit of good news - Bobby's daughter has grown into a ravishing beauty!

Peggy
pegleg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
imark3000 (10-02-2010), lindylanka (10-03-2010), olsen (10-02-2010)