View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 12:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
It sounds to me like the "Research" was more an anecdotal investigation by a clinician. If it was research, you would not be told what they are trying to do or if they did it, etc.

True research is done with the patient in the blind (not aware if their treatment is real or a placebo) and better with the technician in the blind. In your case, blind as to which patient is being treated.

Neurofeedback requires your input where you view a screen and attempt to cause the values to increase or decrease. Another term is Volitional neuro-therapy.

Then there is non-volitional neuro-therapy where the patient just sits and the computer generates some effect to the patient. This may be a specific brand such a ROSHI or LENS.

It sounds like you were more of a guinea pig than a research subject. It also sounds like there may have been an inadequate medical history and psychiatric history taken.

You could start by requesting a complete copy of your records from this clinician. I would also want to have a complete copy/explanation of the protocol and treatment systems/equipment/prior research, etc. .

I would not fault you if you talked to an attorney. You need to understand what they were doing.

My best to you.
He should have definitely done a pre-qualifying with something of such adverse affects and a whole lot more. If I would have known the risk I was taking, of being more vulnerable with my head trauma, I probably wouldn't have done it. I mentioned before the treatment, while preparing myself and doing research about Neurofeedback, that I saw something about seizures while investigating. He asked me if I ever had a seizure, I said "no" because I haven't, then he told me not to worry and it has never happened in his 30 years experience. I tried to get my full records and he won't release them to me. I am running out of energy trying to deal with this crap. It's like every doctor I talk to just can't comprehend this. Half of them look at me like I am out of my mind. The aneurysm is new though.. You would think that anybody that hears this story would have more compassion and understanding. Especially, a neurologist that knows how complicated the brain is. I don't know, maybe that look on their face is their own confusion that I am mistaking for a lack of confidence in me?? I dunno.. Thanks for your fast response Mark in Idaho!!
curtz316 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote