View Single Post
Old 02-13-2007, 10:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by september1968 View Post
Hey DogtorJ-
My first attack of my eye - which I did not know was related until the MS dx - was some sort of inflammation - in my left eye. I don't recall if they named it uvetis - felt like someone was in there with an ice pick.

Later - months - came an incredible headache (leftish side)
Hi September. That sounds like it could be uveitis, which is inflammation of a part of the inside of the eye (uveal tract). Dogs with this come in squinting big time so it must really hurt.

The general rule of thumb is when you see one immune-mediated disease, look for others. That is because there are a number of common factors and triggers (lectins, viruses, malnutrition, failing immune systems, inhalant allergies). I have had other MS sufferers who have contacted me with ocular disorders like yours. In the past 3 months, I have had more cases of multiple immune-mediated disorders in a single patient than I have ever seen in my life.

In my city, we just experienced THE worst allergy season we have seen in 15 years. So, when we have that kind of thing and then enter the worst time of the year (November to Feb), we can expect bad things to happen. In fact, I told my techs to brace themselves, that we would be seeing serious problems this fall/winter and I was more right than even I anticipated. This period is the worst medical gauntlet of the year, due in part to the short days, dropping serotonin (and vitamin D levels), colder ambient/body temps (which viruses love), and less exercise.

But, this can have a positive spin put on it. When we find what is triggering one and eliminate it, we can see other things get better. To me, the dietary aspects hold the most promise for multiple recoveries and that is exactly what I am seeing (and experiencing myself).

Thanks for the input,
John
DogtorJ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote