View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 09:38 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyL View Post
What is it with men and their MATTRESSES??? I absolutely hate my bed.
I didn't buy a temperpedic mattress. I bought 3 mattress toppers, because the mattress that we had previously purchased was two low, too hard and we decided "hey, everyone is talking about the temperpedic, let's build out own".

So we got three visco elastic foam toppers, placed it over our existing mattress which is on top of our box spring and VOILA!!! instant temperpedic mattress.

Which, about 4 years ago, Alan fell promptly in love with. So did I in the beginning. I already had king sized sheets so I just tucked them all around and no sheet problem. I had various kinds of pillows and pillow cases so no problem there.

The problem is the color that the mattress toppers turn after a few years. They get yellow and they do something which I think is called PILLING?? in which bits of the foam flake off. I mean, if there is a sheet over it, you can't see anything, but when you are changing the sheets, well, it doesn't look appealing.

Try telling that to my husband. I showed it to him and he said "what does it matter what it looks like, I LOVE my mattress, we are not getting a new mattress.

And since he goes to bed at 8a.m. (when I get up), we just pass each other by and say Hi, have a good day, he goes to bed and I go to breakfast.

Works for us and works for his neuropathy because he sleeps better during the day as do many people we know who have neuropathy.

BUT I WANT A NEW MATTRESS. I told him "lets go to Bob-0-pedic and get his version of the temper pedic. Then we could throw away all the mattress toppers and have a REAL mattress!!!!"

Not gonna happen.

So until the mattress toppers disintegrate, I shall just continue to sleep on what I've been sleeping on. And you are so right about having to lift up your body when you get up. That to me is very annoying.

But I must say, when I go to bed at night and I sink into that feeling, it's like clouds.

Very nice sleep.

lol

Melody
Have one foam topper with a mattress pad over it. Then the sheet so there is never any pilling, etc. to be seen. Have never had just a sheet over the foam topper.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is what it is."
Kitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote