View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 05:03 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Ooo

That's awful and your friend was very lucky. I hope she learned a lesson. You just cannot be too careful. You want to help people but you have to be so careful. I would never stop for anyone nor would I take them to their car after some sad story. I'd call the cops and let them deal with it. And I would never, ever sleep at a rest area. It's bad enough at times to stop at one to go to the restroom. You don't feel safe at all at least in some states.

There are a lot of homes in towns further south of us where robbers are coming into them while the people are sleeping and taking stuff while the people sleep. I figure these people are not locking their doors and windows (bet they are now), they don't have a dog and I bet the robbers have cased the joint. This has happened in four towns south of us.

Also, someone will come to the door, knock and if you answer they will ask for gas or some such thing. If you do not answer the door, they will break in. What's a person to do. It's a scary world out there We have always had a dog and we are, and have been, planning to get one again. Not just for that but because we want the company of a dog again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is what it is."
Kitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (10-03-2010), Kitty (10-02-2010), SallyC (10-02-2010)