View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 05:41 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

How scary! You just cannot be too cautious these days. Sometimes I feel like I am overly cautious to the point of being ridiculous but then my son (in law enforcement) will tell me something that just creeps me out.....so I feel like it's better to be safe than sorry.

I had a lady pull up behind my car while I was loading groceries one day, put down her passenger side window and tell me some story about needing gas money to get to a town 50 miles north of here. She looked wigged out on something and she had me boxed in with her car. Luckily I had locked my purse in the car before loading the groceries in the trunk. I told her I had no money (which was true) but she could have easily pulled a weapon on me.

I hope your friend stays safe for the rest of her trip. It's a shame people can't even be safe in their own cars anymore. Thanks for helping her out.

Safety Tip: Be sure all the doors in your car are locked.....not just your driver's door. With newer cars it's easy to lock all at the same time but with older cars with manual locks you can be riding around with your back passenger door unlocked and someone could jump in. It happens!
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (10-02-2010), Dejibo (10-03-2010), Kitt (10-02-2010), SallyC (10-02-2010)