View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 06:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessings2You View Post
My husband and I just had the conversation the other day, that if someone knocks at the door at night, find out who it is WITHOUT opening the door, preferably with a phone visible and held to your ear. If it's at all fishy-looking, call 911.

Dej, I'm so glad your friend is okay, and like you, I'm shaking just thinking about that!!!
We had someone banging on our door and ringing the bell at 1:30 AM a couple of weeks ago. We didn't really know what to do, so we just waited it out. I had the phone ready to dial 911 and looked out my bedroom window to check out the car. We don't know anyone from Ohio with a red car.

I just couldn't see a reason for it. They weren't broken down because the car was idling in my driveway and it was brand new. In this day, most people have cell phones, so why are you banging on someone's door in the middle of the night?

DH was hanging out in the living room near the door in case they tried to get in, but no way were we opening that door! They finally left - thank God!

Deb - I can't imagine the chances your friend took, but I sure am glad she is OK and has a good friend like you to make sure she had a hotel room. Yikes!

Take me back to days full of monkeyshines
Bouncin' on a bubble full of trouble in the summer sun
Keep your raft from the riverboat
Fiction over fact always has my vote
And wrinkles only go where the smiles have been...

Jimmy Buffett from "Barefoot Children in the Rain"

hollym is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (10-03-2010), Kitt (10-02-2010), SallyC (10-02-2010)