View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 06:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Discogram

I have been told by surgeon that I need to have a discogram. I am worried about this even more after reading the posts. My surgeon cannot pinpoint why my pain is so bad and from the MRI and CT scans he can see the same things wrong he just is not sure which one is hurting me so much. I trust my surgeon as he operated on me 3 1/2 years ago for a pinched nerve. I am just worried about the drive home after the test, it will take us about 3 hours to get home and when I was given my last set of pain shots that did not work I was in so much pain I cried almost all the way home. Do most doctors offer an IV pain killer to help with this test. I asked my surgeon if I could be put to sleep for it but he said I was the only one who could say what was wrong. I have had back pain continuously since 2006 except for a couple months and then it got bad again. I guess I am just loking for some reassurance, I am tired of hurting but my pain level never decreases even with a pain patch and pills. Do those of you who have had this think there is something easier that will give answers.
newmexicolady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote