View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 07:44 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Yes, it is scary out there. I failed to mention that the dog was not snarling or even barking. He just came out of his dog house and looked around. He was a good, decent dog. Not ferocious or anything like that. I wouldn't want a dog like that. But I do suspect that he was very intimidating due to his size (over 100 lbs) and his breed. I wish I still had him.

We had a female German Shepherd after that who was a rescue dog. She had had some training somewhere along the line. Maybe she flunked out of being a seeing eye dog. I know when I walked her she would lean against me as to kind of move me out of the way when a car came by. So there was some kind of training as well as being good on the leash, etc. She was a tad smaller, being female, but still people were wary. She was a sweetheart as well. I was never afraid with her around either. I know I have great respect for dogs no matter what the kind.

I don't have much energy left to train a dog either but I do have my husband who can help. And he will as he wants to have one again too. We are really not looking to start with a puppy again though so hopefully we will luck out. A puppy is soooo much work. We shall see.

And yes, most people have cell phones. If they don't, then tough!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is what it is."
Kitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (10-03-2010), SallyC (10-02-2010)