Thread: To Rach
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 12:22 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default hi Annie

I think I have had very mild gastroparesis for years. I started having migraines when I was 10/11 years old and an attack would have me vomitting undigested food. My GP at the time said that my stomach was shutting down during an attack. On and off for years I would have one maybe two incidents of vomitting undigested food. Ive always had problems with nausea especially first thing in the morning. I remember getting ready for school and wretching when cleaning my teeth. So its always been an issue.Its just slowly got worse.

I have problems with too much stomach acid - I get awful reflux where I can vomit in my sleep. I can go a couple of days with no problems and then woosh acid going all up the back of my throat. However this is a common symptom with gastroparesis.

Prednisolone helped with the MG symptoms like ptosis, but it made me manic and I had a problem that I put on 50lb in five months as I couldn't stop eating. I was fine eating wise when on steroids lol.

Ive been a bit better and I am down to vomitting about once a week now instead of everyday. I have learnt I have a few triggers that make me worse, so onions cause me a lot of pain, diet coke and coffee makes me nauseous, cheese is an issue but I am finding it difficult to leave cheese alone because I love it so much! Smells are bad as well, if the dogs break wind (or even my husband lol) I am wretching where that normally wouldn't bother me. We have a new shower gel and I can't use it as the smell makes me heave. I used to have such a strong stomach very little would make me sick. Its just so bizarre.

I am with you that whatever I have its MG plus something else. The MG symptoms wax and wane at the moment. A couple of weeks ago they were bad and I had to take mestinon. Other times they are managable withouit meds but that is because I have modified my lifestyle so much.

Thanks for your help Annie.

Love
Rach
rach73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote