View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 09:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoes long ago View Post
isnt there a conclusion paragraph on the ncv report?
This is what is stated on the report on findings.

Examination revealed absent DTR's on the ankles. The patient has stocking distrubution hypoesthesia of both extremities. High arches in both feet noted (pes cavus).

Impression: These nerve conduction studies revealed the presence of a systemic sensory-motor peripheral nueropathy with demyelinating and anxonal features. Her EMG was negative for an active radiculopathy.

Recommendations: Her sysmtoms are likely neuropathic in nature. I will perform a search for treatable causes of peripheral nueropathy. (Diabetes mellitus, hypothyroidism, vitiam b12, folate deficiencies, paraprotienmias, etc.) I will place her on Lyrica 75mg . The possibility of Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease cannot be excluded based on her fmaili history.

My lab work came back normal. As for family history my mother has borderline abnormalities but her's is just axonal not dymyelinating she is 68 years old. My brother has odd sensations but won't see a doctor about it. He doesn't think it's an issue he is 38. My mom's brother died of a motor nueron disease at the age of 59. The doctors never completely found the exact subtype name for his problem they just called it ALS.

Thanks for responding to my post.
lynn01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitt (10-03-2010)