View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 12:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default The time is now......

The congress was indeed a special event, and Bryns speech was both moving and inspiring. The patient presence and involvement were visible, and it was a wonderful opportunity to meet people from other places with PD. One of the most spoken about things among patients was a need to strengthen the international connections, and grow them into a global PD voice, so I would say to any people who visit the forum who do not yet post, there is no better time than now to join in and help make that a reality, and perhaps your contribution to this forum and in your daily life will help make the difference to others...

It was very inspiring to see the many initiatives that PwP are involved in from helping people to stay in work to building sites that will make PwP more effective in their advocacy.

There was so much that was interesting and thought provoking that it will take a while to digest it all.

Sessions were interesting, and offered insights, but the overwhelming thing that I will bring away is the amazing people I met, not all of whom have PD,
who simply made the event for me.... some from this forum, and you know who you are, and some who weren't, but are equally special.

There is a lot still to be done, the science and thinking is not there yet, by any means, but the Parkinsons community has taken a big step forward to better understanding between all stakeholders.

We need to build on this............

Lindy
lindylanka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
girija (10-04-2010), soccertese (10-03-2010)