Thread: pain after ACDF
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2007, 12:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I am doing aqua therapy for my lumbar ....but my PT said to me that when you have a fusion you should ignore what the surgeon tells you...Mine told me I could do whatever I wanted ...I could not hurt myself...WRONG...I now am having problems with C2 and C3 and T1 - T4....Well some of that was a problem before the fusion too..just not symptomatic...Anyway..The PT said...the fusion makes everything rigid...so we should not be carrying shoulder bags...picking up anything heavier than a gallon milk jug ever...just baby ourselves forever...and forget golf....If you do not do these things you will be back to the surgeon...I think too that scar tissue builds up...It is what my surgeon thinks is happening with me...SCAR TISSUE!

I too have ulnar nerve issues...

8/17/05 - Cervical Fusion - C4-5, 5-6, 6-7 - Anterior and Posterior Fusion with plate in front and rods and screws in the rear - Corpectomy at C-4 and C-5 and microdisectomy at C6-7.

1/4/05 - Lumbar Laminectomy -L3, L4, L5, S1, S2 Obliteration of Tarlov Cyst at S2. Failed surgery!
GJZH is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
akovens (02-22-2011)