View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 01:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default You can recover from B12-neropathy pericious anemia Celiac

Making progress with my recovery. I have gotten Sublingual Methyl b-12 1000 mcg and taken this daily, and i have switched to the Methyl b-12 and am on the second shot. i have been able to go form shots every 3-4 days to weekly. Maybe this mnth i will be able to only take 2 shots a month.. but the most important thing is that i am listening to my body, and not my doctor. I don't know why doctors don't understand how much b-12 the body needs and it is not possible to overdose. So i have been taking as much as i feel i need and it's been working. I have am eating better, i am sleeping!! hooray!! i am not so afraid to drive anymore. My numbness is lessened. My eyesight is pretty good as well. So hang in there everyone. You will get better but you need enough b-12 You will know if you need the b-12. We did the same thing, i thought i would never get better. i would read these posts and say when would it happen to me.. but i had to take action. i ha to take the b-12, get off gluten-change my diet, and keep a positive attitude. You will get better too. You can recover, and thi is not a death sentence. it's just that we have to take some action and change our habits. Getting better!! Hooray
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
I had tears when i read your post. thank you so much for you explicit symptoms. you are right we are not alone. i feel the same as you do.

I have been taking 1000cc of b12 every 4-6 days for about 2 months and also have been taking Carafate. AFter my 12 lb weight loss and no desire to eat, I do have an appetite, although not like before.
10 years ago i was diagnosed with acid reflux and was given Prevacid for those 10 years. No Dr. discovered my Celiac Disease, nor did they ever check my b12 count. i am certain these issues were prevelant at this time. however, i managed to get better until about 3 months ago when i completely shut down. My b12 count was 140, i had atrophic gastritis and pernicious anemia and celiac disease. luckily i have 2 very good doctors -Dr. Fayad and Dr. Milne and they put me on b12 injections immediately. But, the one dr. told me to do it weekly for a month then monthly. There was no way i could stay on that regimine of b12. thank god i read many posts and am just listening to my body. i have been able to last 6 days without an injection. so far that's been the longest.

I am going to try the Methyl b12. See if i have a better response. My recovery has been very very slow. When i got the diagnosis i thought the shots would relieve the symptoms. but that is not the case. i am a little better but anything was better than what i was before.
Went to the ER got the heart completely checked -all was good.
My symptoms:
heart palpitations-at night especially
anxious
shoot shocking feeling in my stomach when the phone rings or with loud noises
numbness at the back of my head
numbness at the bottoms of feet, hands, arms, legs
back pains, neck pains, arm pains
wake up at 1am 3am 5am.. hard time sleeping
depression
eyes sensitive
dizziness
walk very slow unbalanced
hard to focus
afraid to drive

These symptoms were so bad before Now i have them but they are less-days are bad and good. i just want my old self back. i want to feel like i did before. I have been cooking cleaning, walking, yoga and swimming, and i drive sometimes. i am retired 67 years old, and am fortunate that i have a good family and i don't have to work.

I just wonder if there is anything else wrong with me.. its hard to believe that b12 deficency is the cause as well as gluten. i am on a gluten free diet, but am drinking milk. i have read that neuropathy takes 6 -12 months to come back.
Has any one come back completely and living their normal lives? I know this is not a death sentance, but some days it sure feels like it.
mskitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote