View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 04:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you so much, Tony and DesertFlower! It helps me so much to see that what I'm experiencing isn't just me. These days I'm convinced I have MG and that I'll get diagnosed eventually.

DesertFlower, I especially appreciated your description of the slow-mo collapse, and how it looks from the outside like you're doing it on purpose. That is exactly how mine feels. That was, by the way, the first symptom of MG I ever had, and I couldn't understand what had happened, because I wasn't dizzy or light-headed, and I didn't have a feeling of muscle fatigue. I just went down.

My experience with Mestinon is like yours too. Twice now I've decided it doesn't do anything for me, because it can't handle overexertion or random bad spells. So twice I took myself off it. And twice I slowly declined over a period of a few weeks, and immediately improved dramatically when I started taking it again.

What Mestinon can't do (for me, at least) is fix me when I'm in the middle of a bad spell. What it can do is keep me from getting that bad, if I'm also careful. (It also can't cure stupidity, but I don't hold that against it!)

I always have a bad day on Sunday. I wondered what the psychological reasons for that are--do I hate church subconsciously or something? But it hit me, today (duh) that Sundays are always bad because in my schedule, Fridays and Saturdays are especially busy days for me.

Thanks again. This is so very encouraging for me! It's not that I want to have MG--I know everyone understands this--it's that I want to have a diagnosis.

Abby
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DesertFlower (10-05-2010)