View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 04:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Sorry I guess I wasnt clear. I absolutely cant take mestinon without food. That is what I was getting at but with more than usual brain mush lately I can be quite unlcear. My stomach and bowels have zero tolerance for mestinon now at normal doses which is one of reasons I tried prostigmin. That is also why I limp by on much smaller doses leaving me homebound from this level of weakness. When I was tolerating it better the first year and took 75mg 3 times a day I was walking great!! Now I take tiny doses but it still raises heck with my insides as if it was 60mg or more. I could vomit anyway from mestinon without food.

My teeth have been very destroyed by my sjogrens so he is gonna have to do digging beyond normal so he wants to give me IV sedation not just local. It is gonna be rough.

Annie59

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
When my son had his 4 wisdom teeth out, he was allowed light food with no long fast. His oral surgeon said the low blood sugar interfered with anesthetics. If you took the Mestinon with a small bit of water, at least 2 hrs before the surgery, it would be out of your stomach by the time you went to the surgeon.

The fast is so you will not vomit and aspirate stomach contents.
So the dentist should be able to give you a modified list of what to do to control your MG.
Annie59 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote