Thread: kathy d
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 04:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks Gabby for clarifying the relationship between the 2 institutions (Drexel and Hahnemann). I grew up outside of Philly and always had heard that Hahnemann was an amazing place. It seems like something has definitely changed.

Too bad we all can't see Dr. Richman. He sounds awesome. But he doesn't accept WC. As a matter of fact, I may have read that he's not accepting any insurance right now at all...only cash.

Dr. Getson accepted me as a patient, knowing I was a WC victim, and he never sent me a bill (which I ran up to the tune of $40,000). He waited for the RI WC courts to approve payment for his services, which took many months. In the meantime, when I freaked over the under payments by United Healthcare, he calmly told me, "I know I am going to get paid." He is one of the nicest doctors I have ever met. AND he is highly competent. I have yet to find a PM doctor in my home state of RI that will take care of my RSD without WC pre-approval.

Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbycakes View Post
Just to clear some confusion up about Hannanhmein Hospital and Drexel University. Drexel is a teaching medical institution not a hospital there is no "Drexel Hospital". There students from what I understand do fellowishisps and residentsies at Hannanhmein and Hosp. of Philly. Dr. S patients go to Hannanhmein. I think the one very different issue with Hannanhmein is that is was brought my Tenat, which I don't know the connection but they are a medical corporation exactly what they do is a unknown towashed me and changed my sheets everyday the care was incredible. I have also me.

I did mine at Hospital for Special Surgery with Dr. Richman, and I saw him 3x's a day everyday,PT came on Wed. to start moving me and would not let me leave until I could walk on my own, I also had 5 surgeries there and the treatment is was the same.

And one more thing I just have to clear up the boosters, which I did with Dr. S after each time I did a 5 day inpatient , Dr Richman does not do boosters, are nothing like a 5 day inpatient infusion. I don't mean to make light of the people who choose the booster route.

Just all be carefull who you let do this procedure to you.

Good luck.

Gabbycakes
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
loretta (10-04-2010)