View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 07:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

AnnieB3, Pediatric gas! That sounds like a creative idea. Yes I plan on calling my pulmonologist tomorrow. For reasons I dont understand they wont do it in my local hospital. But I think something is being withheld from me at the first oral surgeon I saw that said he do it. The one at my dentists office was too scared about my breathing and sent me to the second guy. The second guy wasnt gonns do iv sedation only local to be safe. I delayed the surgery to let the myositis in the area of my left heal. When I called back there was a 'mood' change.

I called the only other higher level oral surgeon in town and asked if they would consider doing it. I asked if I could email them a brief health bio. I told him it was very important for me to have it here in town. When the other surgeon said no he said I needed to go the univeristy where I am treated. I asked what had changed in the month since we last talked and I was scheduled? He wasnt forth coming so I let it go. The univeristy hospital is 45plus miles away causing which ever daughter takes me to lose a whole days work often for appointments. My oldeest had born the brunt of this as my youngest has too scared mom is gonna die so she has been in denial. She is moving back into helping taking me to the surgeon Friday and plans to follow thru with this tooth thing. My oldest starts a new job this week so taking me as much even in a family freiendly environment is not a good idea.

The other nite I woke with a ton of fear about this new surgeon. See I was in unusually good shape Friday. They didnt take my bp or check my O2 like the other offices. He is a young one but he did graduate from the very university my MG docs are at. I gave him the last visit report from when I saw my pulmonologist. My pulmo is a teddy bear but a big shot too at the university. I told him to feel free to call him.

Question? are you suggesting that an injection would do the same thing to my stomach and bowels? Wasnt sure about that part of your answer. The prostigmin didnt both them but only a very slight urge to go to the bathroom. At such a normal dose this even surprised me! Thats why I wish I could be on the stuff by injection in part.

Annie59

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieB3 View Post
Annie, I think that speaking to your regular doctor first is absolutely essential in this case. If you can't do without Mestinon, then you need to figure out something you can do. It doesn't really matter if you get Mestinon via the mouth or injection because if it upsets your stomach, it's more than likely due to an increased amount of stomach acid due to the increased amount of acetylcholine. Another option is Mestinon syrup, which your neuro can give you a small prescription of (like one bottle).

Anesthetic agents can make MG much worse. Pedatric gas is sometimes used instead, because it wears off more quickly and may cause less muscle weakness.

I honestly think you need to discuss this again and talk about doing it in a hospital setting.

Annie
Annie59 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote