View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 09:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I can help with describing the pain of geniculate neuralgia for you as I have suffered with it for 6 years myself.
There seems to always be two types of pain.One is a constant pain,always there like a constant dull ear infection type pain.It never goes away and drives you a little insane.The second pain is the worst ever.It is usually triggered by something and that is usually unique to the sufferer.Mine was wind and cold and touch.This pain is deep in the ear and is like and ice pick and it is a very intense pain and will knock you to your knees at its worst.
I had tried every pain killer and was not getting any relief from any at all and was unable to find a surgeon in England who would do the surgery so I did a lot of reserach and too found that Pitts was the place to go.
I had my surgery back in July but I did not have such good results.I have posted on here so if you look for my posts you will seemy story.
It is a very difficult problem to treat and would be very hard to diagnose properly in your father but if he does have it then my heart goes out to him.I am on a concoction of drugs to stop the pain now but I am on Keppra which does have a very good effect on the stabbing pain so if you feel it is worth it speak to your doctors about that.
I hope that helps but ask anything you need to I am happy to answer any questions.
todd74 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (10-07-2010), Vowel Lady (10-13-2012)