View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 11:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintSoBad View Post
Sun,
I'm going on 28 years with RSD/TOS, then another accident in 98 caused a TBI, and four discs, Sleep issues are terrible as well as headaches.
I've been on methadone about 20 years (It took 7 years for a dx). I started @ 60mg. went down to 10-15, second accident, up to 100, now about 60.
Cymbalta, diazepam, Zanaflex for sleep. And, Migraine meds.

Methadone is very inexpensive, and I wouldn't want to be without it.

You're right, the health legislation seems to have been permitted basically for big business, (which is whom our government works for) so our ins. Co's. could stick it to us a little more. I'm afraid.
Since our President has never held a job, or run a business in his life, I'm VERY afraid, but that's another subject. (Hitler gave great speeches too)...don't shoot me now!

Loretta, thanks for the suggestion of the BP machine. I think I'm going to get one. Some days I have lots of energy, but they seem to be getting farther between the older I get.

Hope I've helped, what are you taking, Sun?

Pete

asb
Hey Pete, Good to hear from you. I remember the time of not sleeping at night. Would be awake all night till 5-6 am Was rough. Ambien CR quit working. My Dr. was doing a 200 person trial study of seroquel xr for fibromyalgia. I also have fibro. It was found to work great for sleep for a lot on the trial including me. The trial was 300 mg of seroquel and worked right away for sleeping 10 hrs. The amount was more than I needed, so Dr. reduced my script for 150 mg. Several months later still sleeping all night. Just thought you might want to ask your Doc. I don't have health insurance any longer, but they have a program of first month free and the following months are-not sure maybe $60.
We are still in triple digits here in the desert, but soon to be in the 90's Been a HOT summer. I'm making plans for getting out of dodge at least 4-6 weeks next summer.
Take care of yourself, sounded like a wonderful time you had having crab and seafood. with your friend. My girlfriend that was here with her husband in March for 12 days is coming back with her daughter for a few days. Our daughters grew up together grade 1-12 and our husbands were in business together for 10 years.
Hope you have a good week of lower pain. Your friend, loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (10-04-2010), cindi1965 (10-11-2010)