View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 05:51 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginia neill View Post
I couldn't take the neurontin eithor, just a fog of missery. Now after surgery, I have been given another chance at life without meds. I have to get off morphine, ms contin after 6 years. Had to be cleared by my surgeon first, and start tomorrow with my PCP. Have eithor of you faced withdrawing from this kind of med. I am afraid for sure. I tried on my own with a step down approach, really ruff. Has anyone done it? ginnie
Hi Ginnie,
Just take it slow and follow Doc's orders on the tapering.
I tapered off of the highest dose of Fentanyl patch and it wasn't as bad as I was fearing......however, I do still take Lortab, so I'm not med-free.....
Withdrawals can be a challenge - Mark's thread would be a good one to read thru, as it gives a journal play by play of his journey since he's received his SCS.
Just have good communication with your Doc and if it gets to be too much, TELL him......there are options to help counter the withdrawals......
Your body will probably bit a bit 'peeved' at you for awhile, but take it slow and you can adjust back to what you know to be 'normal'
.......I'm still on the path and trying to stay focused on this
Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (10-04-2010), fionab (10-04-2010), Mark56 (10-07-2010)