View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 07:59 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I posted an affirmative response to you Abby in the other thread but I guess you didn't see it?

My current crisis started with legs feeling wobbly and fatigued like i might fall when i went down the stairs. When my husband checked them with a straight leg raise from the couch, there was zero resistance. They felt like they had 40 lb weights attached and they were just totally gone. They were normal the day before but that day they were very achey like I had overused the muscles which was new for me.

In regards to when I have problems walking, my knees just give out and I start to fall, but I don't fall, with no warning and no sense there is any weakness or fatigue at all. The muscles just do not respond or catch.

My neuro was stunned by my weakness. He checked all the muscles in my fingers and hands with his 3 residents there watching how to do all this and I just had no strength/resistance. Again, I had no sense that there was a problem. The only way I knew was that I couldn't open a bottle with a pull tab that day but I had the day before.

I think what it means to me is I used my legs a whole lot because they were normal the day before and they were exhausted and weak but my hands only showed the weakness. Generally speaking, I supposed the weakness and the lack of response we feel is the absence of the acetylcholine making the connection.. .there is just nothing there, no connection happening. That is how it feels in my case.

debra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellatum View Post
Thanks, Annie!

I'm asking if anyone else (besides DesertFlower, who answered affirmatively in the other thread) has these two--subcategories?--of muscle weakness. And, of course, what does it all mean?

Abby
art chick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (10-05-2010)