View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 11:29 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingpongman View Post
Hum I thought my balance problem was due to my double vision and POOR depth perception. As for my lack of energy or tiredness I have been on Pred for 3 days now and feel better than I have felt in 3 months. However it has yet to help my vision.
Mike
Mike,

How wonderful that you're feeling better! Here's hoping that your vision improves very soon.

It took me months to figure out that my balance problems were caused by weak truncal muscles. The doctor kept thinking inner ear, until I learned to explain that I had no vertigo at all. Then they thought it was ataxia. I'm still not sure exactly which muscles are giving out on me.

I think that double vision and poor depth perception would make balance troubles due to weak truncal muscles a lot worse. If you misjudge precisely where your feet need to go, and your truncal muscles are strong, you can adjust very quickly by tightening a muscle in your side or lower back, etc. But if those muscles don't respond well, a tiny misjudgment can lead to a big stumble, because you can't easily compensate for the misjudgment. Does that make sense? It's why I can hardly walk at all in the dark.

Abby
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (10-05-2010)