View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 12:52 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loretta View Post
Hey Pete, Good to hear from you. I remember the time of not sleeping at night. Would be awake all night till 5-6 am Was rough. Ambien CR quit working. My Dr. was doing a 200 person trial study of seroquel xr for fibromyalgia. I also have fibro. It was found to work great for sleep for a lot on the trial including me. The trial was 300 mg of seroquel and worked right away for sleeping 10 hrs. The amount was more than I needed, so Dr. reduced my script for 150 mg. Several months later still sleeping all night. Just thought you might want to ask your Doc. I don't have health insurance any longer, but they have a program of first month free and the following months are-not sure maybe $60.
We are still in triple digits here in the desert, but soon to be in the 90's Been a HOT summer. I'm making plans for getting out of dodge at least 4-6 weeks next summer.
Take care of yourself, sounded like a wonderful time you had having crab and seafood. with your friend. My girlfriend that was here with her husband in March for 12 days is coming back with her daughter for a few days. Our daughters grew up together grade 1-12 and our husbands were in business together for 10 years.
Hope you have a good week of lower pain. Your friend, loretta

Hello Loretta!
We spoke quite some time ago about the Seroquel, I'm really afraid of it. (I was given a sample of it, LONG ago). I went to stay with a couple (friends, of whom I met her in the hospital @ Schwartzman). She was on Seroquel to sleep and Provigal to wake up. (Anyone here ever take Provigal?) I hadto take that terrible stuff, after my TBI for a few years and it's the devil's own drug, IMHO. It really cranked up the rsd pain)
But, I simply couldn't stay awake! Now, I'm dx'd with TranSomnia. Can't sleep, can't wake up. Really weird. But it's the brain injury, not so much the rsd. (I have fribro also, but I really think it's just a 'type' of rsd.)
Long story short, this friend was waking around 3-4 every AM, and waking everyone in the house, insisting on doing what she wanted, which was usually dragging all sort of 'toys' out to do things. She had NO IDEA the next day! Every morning she'd wake up in a different part of the house, upstairs, downstairs, living room, occasionally in bed. The seroquel for me, knocked me out for two days, that was a half of a 25 mg.! (The Brain injury).
I'm very happy it's working for you, but for me, I'm just kind of afraid of it!

I'm glad you're having some good times in life, Loretta! You surely deserve to!
Be and Feel Well!
Your Pal, Pete.
AintSoBad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
loretta (10-12-2010)