Thread: Hi all
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 04:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy View Post
I wrote a big long answer, but had to keep stopping and now it seems it is lost. I will try again latter. I knew I should have printed.
Hi Cathy & Welcome, How frustrating, I've done that more than once.
The skin redness and heat are signs of RSD.It is more common than not for RSD to spread, many times of which we have no idea how that comes about. Like Daniella mentioned, a good neurologist familiar with RSD is a good option.
There is a lot of good information on rsdrx.com Dr. Hooshmand, now retired, has 40 years of experience and his website is very informative. especially puzzles list-150 questions from rsd patients and his answers.
Also RSDSA, is good, put your zip code in and can fine closest support group who are usually aware of local knowledgable Drs.
Is your WC still open? RSD is very expensive as we go along. I have full body or generalized and internal RSD. 15 years of RSD- I'm 62 years old and trying to get SSDI. There is a compounding pharamacy in Florida that makes a gel with ketamine, anti-inflammatories, lidocaine and is $35 and $400 thru insurance co. I am now researching this med with my Dr. and a local pharmacy. I forget who on this site told me about it, but can research it and let you know. I have the address of pharmacy and name etc.
Just let me know. You can Private Message anyone here by pushing Your Notifications on the upper right hand corner, then next site push Private Messages that is on the left hand side in the middle.
I hope you get some help soon. What has kept me mobile is physical therapy , swimming 86 degree water. stretching, and massage therapy. I am mobile except for left hand -fingers are frozen like a claw. Therapy was delayed because of misdiagnosis and delayed therapy. I'm so grateful to be mobile and do the best I can exercise wise. Take care, one of your new friends, loretta with soft hugs
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote