View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 07:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default have fibro and tn

hi . you asked if anyone out there has tn and fibro. i was diagnosed with fibro and sjogren's with arthritis around 2 yrs ago. then in feb. i was wrongly diagnosed with tmj which later was found to be tn. i have had the mvd surgery 8 weeks ago. so far the surgery has given me around 50 to 70% relief on most days. it has been a real struggle, but the Lord has been my refuge and strength. the fibro got better when the dr put me on cymbalta. i have been on neurontin for yrs for other health problems. i am on 8oomg of it 3 times a day. my drs think it good for lots of my problems, i could not take the tegretal. i itch horribly. am allergic to most pain meds. i take the talwin or ibuprofen when the tn is at its worst. unfortunately i began having some hoarsness in my voice following the mvd and it turns out after seeing ent dr that the intubation left my vocal cords damaged. dr put me on voice rest for a week and now i have to go to speech therapy. its complicated. dr says my soprano voice is gone and i am an alto permantly. i am a soloist at our church. seems like if its not one thing its another. i'm 53.
lola white is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PAYNE1 (10-08-2010)