View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 09:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Frown tn surgery and voice problems

thanks for your post. i had tn surgery 8 weeks ago. upon going home i too noticed i was hoarse at times. i ignored it for a couple of weeks while i was recouperating. then when i went back to church and tried to sing i really had trouble singing. i was a soprano and each time the notes went up nothing came out. saw ent after several more weeks while the voice problems continued. the dr quickly did a procedure where he ran a small tube down through my nose to view my vocal cords and had me do a few notes. the procedure was not unpleasant.he showed me on a monitor afterwards and said i had a varicose on my cord and said some other stuff too. said the surgery was long and the tube did damage. dr said to rest my voice (no talking) for a week and set me up with speech therapy.he said i could sing again but that my soprano was gone and to move to the alto section. he wrote in the chart my voice had a raspiness quality. also thought i may have a nodule farther then he could see. time will tell. if your voice problems continue see an ent. and don't wait too long.
lola white is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bobbi (10-05-2010)