Old 10-04-2010, 09:31 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMajo View Post
Hopefully dear BF !!! hopefully !!!

I dont think there is much I can share or teach to people.... but I can always read them some books and... I think I have thousands things to learn from them.

Hey Blue:

If you really want to put some smiles in some faces, go into any nursing home. There are older people who are just sitting there waiting for someone to talk to,

I remember my first experience at a nursing home. I had flown out to see my parents who were sharing a room in a nursing home, It was a rehabilitation kind of nursing home. This is where I learned about Granny Dumping. I bet you have never heard of that term right??

It seems that when folks can no longer take care of an elderly dementia relative, they simply cross the state line and drop them off at a nursing home. During my visit I saw many people who were just dumped.

But the really good part of my visit was when I put makeup and jewelry on my mother. You should have seen her face light up when, after the makeover, I wheeled her all over the place and she was beaming, When I saw the looks on the other ladies, I simply said "Who wants a makeover today??"

Well by the time I left Florida to come home, I didn't have any make-up left and I gave someone my anti-aging serum because she liked how it made her wrinkles go away. I have visited several nursing homes since then, always remembering to bring little perfumes, little lipsticks, etc.

And whenever I visit, I always remember to compliment them on their appearance.

It's so little to do, yet it has such rewards.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (10-04-2010), Alffe (10-06-2010), barbo (10-05-2010), BlueMajo (10-05-2010), Brokenfriend (10-05-2010), ginnie (12-30-2010), Koala77 (10-05-2010), Rrae (10-10-2010), thelonely1 (10-04-2010)