View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 10:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristbjorg View Post
I am disabled and in housing now. I need a disabled unit . I applied for sec 8 . I live in Mass so does anyone know how long it takes to get a voucher for sec 8?

Hi Kris

It's always better to start your own thread so your specific question doesn't get lost in the shuffle or shift the focus from the original poster.

You should call the housing authority here in Mass that you applied through to check on the approx. waiting time.

Are you on the cetralized list ?

Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher
Centralized Waiting List
2010 Update

The Massachusetts Centralized Waiting List is updated and purged every two years. The purpose is to update applicant contact information and to remove those who are no longer interested.
The 2010 Update Letter was mailed on March 15, 2010 to those who applied PRIOR TO AUGUST 1, 2009.

The deadline to respond to the 2010 Update was April 9, 2010; to accommodate for any U.S. Post Office delays, any responses postmarked by September 1, 2010 are being processed. No responses will be accepted after September 1, 2010.

If you did not respond to this update, your name will be removed from the Centralized Waiting List.

Questions?? Call toll-free 1-877-868-0040.

The Centralized Waiting List is used by 82 housing authorities in Massachusetts.

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
kristbjorg (10-05-2010)