View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 04:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Fatigue

Hi ShelleyK, this is my 9th year of PCS caused by similar events as Mark and I am the same age as him.

I can deal with everything ok apart from the fatigue. I have to keep to my routine of a half hour rest at 11.30am and an hours sleep at approximately 3.00pm or my days are disasters. It took me a year or so to establish the routine.

I tried to work too soon and for too long hours even though the hours were part time. I had been a legal executive for 20 years (kind of like your paralegal) My blood pressure went crazy about 4 years ago and then 2 years ago I had a major melt down and I am now unable to work.

My husband sees my tiredness before I feel it - just like Mark said, my eyes glaze over.

I find that I simpoly can not cope with any pressure what so ever and it is worse when I am tired. I have very little patience with my self.

My advice to you is to be kind to yourself and rest before you feel the horrid overwhelming tiredness.

Things do get better as you learn to avoid activites that soak up your energy - like noisey shopping malls, loud voices, flashing lights and the worst is lawn mowers!!!!!

Lynlee
Lucy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Grady Lady (11-26-2010)