View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 11:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Another new project! :)

Part of getting the estate settled is dealing with the contents of two households. My mother-in-law kept a sizable collection of what I call nick-knacks, but I bet she’d call them collectables. Plus they have some really lovely pieces of furniture. We have many options available to dispose of the contents, and I think I have researched them all. I have decided to make an offer to Gerry and George. I’ll clean out both households, and auction the stuff on e-bay over the winter. We’ll store the stuff in our soon-to-be barn, and then in the spring we can have a yard/estate sale with what remains. For my efforts I want one third of the take, and I want them to pay any expenses I incur, such as the “Got Junk” people to take trash away. I also will probably need to hire a brawny helper or two from time to time, especially when we get around to selling the furniture.

To give you an idea of the enormity of the task, this is just a sample of what is in the house in Connecticut. There’s even more in Florida.

Mom had lovely taste, don’t you think?
Dejibo (10-05-2010)