Old 10-05-2010, 01:03 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjaytee View Post
Thank you for your information. I am still trying to figure out for sure that this will help me. I now have some that has Vit C 80 mg Vit E 30 IU and 5mg of pycnogenol. My blood pressure is better so maybe it is helping. I know these things take time. I do not take any other blood thinners so think I should be ok.
My major concern is safety here. Since reading those monographs that nattokinase may not be absorbed well, and may not affect blood clotting that much...the risk is less.

After all 81mg of aspirin was enough to cause micro bleeds in peoples' brains! Who would have thought that (until it was discovered by CAT/MRI scans)?

The 5mg of pycnogenols is basically useless. 50- 100mg a day is about the average dose for antioxidant effects (sometimes higher).

The Vit E may be there for antioxidant protection of the product, and the Vit C also...both are low doses.

Keep in mind that magnesium is very good for improving circulation. (esp if you are low in this nutrient from the diet)
Here is my magnesium thread:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread1138.html

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote