View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 01:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Suzelder,

How old is your son? Some don't feel that the ImPACT test is reliable for children under 13 however, my daughter first had it at age 11 and it was helpful. I understand that you are not sure if he had a second hit but he did have one, right? If so, I don't understand why the doctor is suggesting that this could "just be migraines". Too much of a coincidence that the migraines started after a blow to the head and he also had the balance issue. Not all doctors and people you will meet get it since many are still learning about concussion. Trust your instincts, So sorry for all that you are going thru

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzelder View Post
Thanks for the response Tralee. No he is been out of football since these symtoms started and no Pe w/possibility of any contact. We broke the news to him that he is out of football for the season. Had to not knowing of he had 2 "hits" although the dr is still suggesting that this could just be migraines since we don't know for sure. BUT he has had a constant headche for 3 the last 3 weeks. Somethimes a dull ache,a "2" on his scale up to a "9" or over(when I took him back to ER). I was worried about too much Motrin as I was keeping him on it (low dose only 3 tsp, definitely not 400 mg) regularly thinking it would help keep the headaches at a manageable level.I have a call back in to the dr to see what to do since the last 4 days have not alleviated them. Muscle soreness in his legs,knees and hips. school has been supportive and lets him take time to rest at nurse's but not sure he isasking to go as often as he should. Said they wouldn't do the IMPACT test on him because he's too young. Snowdaykids I'm with you on the our life is on hold, feel like I am holding my breath. hang in there. Thanks again Tralee. You guys are in my prayers as well-
Tralee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote