View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 02:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused My suspicious mammogram details

Okay, had a "suspicious" mammogram so I had to go in for another detailed digital mammogram on 2 spots. Yes I said 2! The girl looked at the pictures and didn't really give me much of an idea what she was seeing. I guess they don't really know, so I was sent right over for an ultrasound. Well they looked over the "suspicious" spots and decided clearly that one was a cyst....however; the other looks possibly more solid in nature and needs to be biopsied.
Now I have never had a needle biopsy and am very scared. They don't knock you out yet stick a needle way inside you to aspirate some tissue. My report said:
At the 3 oclock area there is an elongated sonolucent structure with through transmission, compatible with a cystic abnormality measuring approx 9 mm.
The 6 oclock area there is a solid hetergoginious songraphic abnormality which is somewhat poorly marginated, measureing 1.1 cm in greatest dimension. Obtaining tissue for difinitive diagnosis is recommended performed with ultrasound-guilded localization and excisional biopsy or core biopsy under ultra sound guidance. How big is 1.1 cm?

Okay, now that I've told you the whole story....anyone ever had a biopsy of the breast? OHHHHH I am so dreading this....but I know it has to be done.

If you obsess about things that may happen and they don't come true...then you've wasted your time. If it does come true....then you've lived it twice.
karilann is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (10-12-2010), SallyC (10-05-2010), tkrik (10-05-2010)