View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 03:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Ken ~

This is just MY experience ~ I've had SEVERAL epidurals and trigger points because I went to 3 different pain clinics ~ NONE of these injections did me one lick of good. But they sure did the DOC'S alot of good because they get $l,500 for injecting you!!!! And one thing ~ if the FIRST injection doesn't work, DO NOT let them fool you into getting another one. They LOVE to tell patients that they have to "build up" in the system. That is B.S. Even the medical journals say that either the first one works or none of them work. Just look up epidurals on the net.

Now if your SPINAL CORD is being impinged, WHY didn't he recommend surgery? Are you SURE he said the spinal CORD?? That's an AWFUL BIG bulge if he did. Usually a HERNIATION will be the one to impinge the cord, not a bulge.

You need to see someone else - even if you have to pay for the visit yourself. You need to see a Neuro-spine doctor. Someone who specializes in spinal surgery. Maybe an Orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in spines. But SOMEONE who knows what they're doing, and can spend some time with you. I wish you the best of luck. Sometimes chronic pain is a big-game hunt! LOL. God bless. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote