View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 08:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Tralee,
My son is only 10 and is small-68 lbs. I checked and his Motrin dosage he was taking was 300 mg. The problem with the PCS diagnosis is we are not positive he had a concussion in that game. No symptoms, I just saw him sustain a big blind hit. It just took a few minutes for him to get up then he ran back to the line, says he didn't feel dizzy/fuzzy(but he may have been). Then 2 weeks after the game without any symptoms(besides the counter stool incident that next night which is why I recalled that hit the day before).

That's why we saw the neurologist and did the MRI and EEG at that point, to rule out anything else. And that's why I think and the dr agrees that it may have been a MILD concussion and then there may have been another hit within the two weeks after in practice. He has a great deal of experience with concussion patients, which is why it has been frustrating that he can't tell me for sure 100% he thought it was a concussion that started this whole thing.

He doesn't think IMPACT is reliable under age 12 so has referred me to a neoropsychologist to do some other other cognitive tests but can't get in soon enough. You are at their mercy and meanwhile your child is suffering. Believe me, I've researched every condition/possibility under the sun for his symptoms and really the post concussion is the only thing that makes sense at this point. I was concerned about rebound headaches with continuing him on the Motrin. Your thoughts on medicine?
suzelder is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote