View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 09:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Somebody please help me

Hi
My mom was just diagnosed with CPM and they suspect the attack happened in the fall of last year. Unlike the odd story I have been able to find her condition has gradually progressed, she did not wake up one morning with paralysis. Up until her diagnosis we were expecting to hear that she had a form of progressive MS.

We thought the diagnosis of CPM was good news in that we were told that there would be no further attacks that the damage was done and that she would gradually get better. Unfortunately, this is not what we are seeing she continues week by week to digress to the point now where she is barely able to weight bare, has little to no movement in her arms and legs and is exhausted most of the time. She is currently in a rehab center but my dad informed me today he thinks on Thursday they are going to tell him to either take her home or find a nursing home for her as she is not able to to physio. (she's only 63)

I can find so little on the internet as to what we can expect. Is she going to get worse because her body is trying to "rewire" - will she eventually get better??

Please anyone with any kind of personal experiance with this rare disorder your insight would be a god send to me right now.. even if it's not what I want to hear.

Thanks
Monique
moniquevh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote