View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 10:32 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

There are many systems in the body that can heal to an almost like new condition. The brain is definitely not one of them. It can try to repair damaged areas but it does not grow new neurons very readily.

In my opinion, a claim like your PT made would cause me serious doubt.

Regarding getting back to a third grade teaching position. In time, your brain may heal to a level that will allow a return to teaching. More likely, you will need to find anew way to teach. Your need for a quieter atmosphere will enhance your ability to work with children with sensory overload problems. You will be just as sensitive as they except in your own way.

Sensory overload sensitivity has a great way of teaching one patience and stillness. If this is you for the current time, embrace it and find a way to use it to your and other's advantage. I have become very good with young children, toddlers especially. The calm steady pace can do wonders for young ones struggling with their surroundings.

Does California have a Vocational Rehabilitation program? Or maybe an ed school has CE courses that can get your additional certifications.

As our Big Pharma controlled public health systems get overly protective of kids by mandating every conceivable vaccine, you may find a need to work with kids who have neurological reactions to them. There is also a growing need to work with concussion subjects. You are very well qualified. Being on the inside of a concussion is totally different that studying about them.

As youth get involved in contact sports, the need to educate these Post Concussion Syndrome students will become more pronounced.

Prepare for this opportunity and you may find an opportunity to be in a more rewarding occupation.

Schools also need assessors to observe the teaching environment and make suggestions to better serve students. Most class rooms are overly made up with stimulation. Too many visual objects on the walls and too much noise.

Hope you can see this as an opportunity to grow as a teacher.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote