View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 04:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbycakes View Post
Thanks so much Leesa. Actually the last couple of days she is feeling better and eating better but we will start the roller coster ride after she gets the chemo on Monday. We also had to the legal smart things are far as her estate which the attorney will have ready for us today and she will sign all the papers and I have to take her, just uncomfortable. I would do anything for this woman but I'm the daughter in law, we have always been close especially since I had my accident she helped me often when I needed it. My husband has been incredible with her I quess that's why where together for 30 years he truly is a kind individual.

The only negative this week is she hasn't started the Paxcil yet and I filled it on Tuesday. But I'm going to try and see if she'll start it today so it's in her system and will help during the hard times of the chemo.

Again, thank you so much.

Gabbycakes
Just wanted to update everyone on my mother in laws situation. We actually had some unbelievable news this week. Her Cat Scan showed the mass that showed after she had a lung removed is gone, the fluid they have been draining from her(sorry I know that sounds diguisting), and blood work all show now cancer, at least for now. She was thrilled to death but the doctor did say dhr will have to be monitored extremely close. Oh, also her so called good lung has shifted into the cavaity of the missing lung which is suppose to happen after you lose a lung so it can expand properly. Her lung never expanded after her surgery because the idiot doctors she went to first did not realize she had cancer in the other lung. She had her last chemo for now on Monday and once she gets over the side effects she can return home. The doctor did say privately to my husband this could only and properly is termporary and for how long he could not say. The chemo is really keeping it at bay for now. But at least she can get her quality of life back to a certain extent and be able to catch her breath from this whole nightmare.

Thanks again for all the support.

Gabbycakes
gabbycakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote