View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 04:10 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I am sorry for all the pain and added stress the RSD causes for us plus our loved one. So many caring people on this board who all deserve health and happiness.
To the OP I know your husband can't drive but do you think he could join some group or type of hobby? I was reading this book and it said how important it is for our loved ones to take care and do things for themselves. It may give you both a break. Even without a health condition being with another person so much can cause tension. Do you guys have anything you like to do together? I know you said he lost vision in 1 eye but can he play a board game or watch a movie? I think sometimes even small things can help lift each other spirits. Not that it is going to solve things but any little lifter can help
As for finance issues I wish I had answers. People without health condition don't realize how this not only impacts how we feel but also daily life in every aspect. Jim I am so sorry and I wish you and your wife luck in Nov. You and the other loved ones who come to the board to learn and support are amazing and I hope you see that.
On a side note for the first 2 years of this I did not see anyone for the mental impact of this condition. I had in the past before my RSD/PN but had the feeling if one fixed my pain then mentally I would be fine. Well that was not happening so I went back to psychiatrist and I do biofeedback as well. Obviously mentally it is still a daily battle and the pain is high but I am still glad I went. I have learned to cope better with life and pain in general. I just encourage others who either have RSD or are a loved one with it to consider going.
daniella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote