View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 09:47 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I don't know what this sensation is but it seems fairly common. We called it "brain bumps" for my daughter. The neurologist didn't know, vision therapist didn't know, general practitioner didn't know, etc.

The neuro explained to us that the brain doesn't feel pain. There is a protective covering surrounding the brain that is full of nerve endings. She felt that these sensations were perhaps "sore spots" in this protective covering. Sort of like a cramp to a previously injured muscle???

All I can tell you is that a few of her brain bumps caused migraines that would last a couple days. We worked on ways to stabilize her head when she anticipated a bump coming, such as you're doing. Even now (14 months) we find ourselves yelling out "bump" if we're driving or walking on uneven ground to help her prepare. Crazy...we'll probably be doing that ten years from now

The good news is that she hasn't had that sensation for quite a few months now. I would guess that stopped around 10 months from her injury.

Keep up your avoidance techniques and give yourself some time. All the best to you-
PCSLearner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote