View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 11:10 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Desertflower I agree with what you say. I started on 30mg 3xd by Neuro. Then my neuro-optomoligst increased it to 60mg 3xd. Still no effects. Then my neuro-muscular increased it with 180 mg at night that caused me fatigue problems. The neuro-muscular office didn't return my calls so my wife took me off the morning 60mg and that helped. She felt it was overlapping with the 160 time-release. The muscular office finally called after 2 days and said that was OK. He (muscular) has since added Neostigmine. The neuro-muscular doctor appears to be taking the slow approach. However the neuro-optomoligst appears to be taking the aggressive approach since he just put me on Prednisone 5 days ago. Now I feel like I can run a marathon.
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertFlower View Post
Mike, I wanted to add that too much Mestinon can cause weakness, for me this weakness feels different from regular MG weakness. I had severe double vision from MG for about 5 months, it finally went away when I decreased my Mestinon dose.

My neuro did say that Mestinon can help with double vision but it often takes at least 6 months.

If your neuro approves it, maybe you can adjust your Mestinon to see what works best for you. I can only take 30 mg at a time. Taking a full pill (60 mg) of Mestinon causes double vision for me (and other problems).

I hope this helps.
pingpongman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote