View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 02:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Lefty, Your situation sounds familiar. My Dr. denied i had CRPS until it was too late and was diagnosed by a pm Dr. with chronic CRPS. I would imagine your Dr means right now you have CRPS but the signs and symptoms are mild. I know at times my symptoms are worse than others but even so CRPS is acute (early on) or chronic (think its over a year). Early on the blocks help them determine whether it is sympathetic mediated pain. If you have good results, decrease in pain, than it shows you have sympathetic mediated pain. If done correctly and someone has little to no relief from a block they call it sympathetic independent pain. Sounds like the Dr.(which like many) denied you had CRPS than after your block you must have had some relief and now he is calling it mild CRPS. Not sure what the average wait is between blocks- i had them every 2 weeks for 4 blocks altogether. I know i was told some have sympathetic mediated pain but not all symptoms to classify as CRPS. When i looked it up i found crps and sympathetic mediated pain are synonomous. Anyone know?? There are topicals such as lidoderm patches that help with nerve pain. momof4
RNcrps2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote