View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 05:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNcrps2 View Post
Lefty, Your situation sounds familiar. My Dr. denied i had CRPS until it was too late and was diagnosed by a pm Dr. with chronic CRPS. I would imagine your Dr means right now you have CRPS but the signs and symptoms are mild. I know at times my symptoms are worse than others but even so CRPS is acute (early on) or chronic (think its over a year). Early on the blocks help them determine whether it is sympathetic mediated pain. If you have good results, decrease in pain, than it shows you have sympathetic mediated pain. If done correctly and someone has little to no relief from a block they call it sympathetic independent pain. Sounds like the Dr.(which like many) denied you had CRPS than after your block you must have had some relief and now he is calling it mild CRPS. Not sure what the average wait is between blocks- i had them every 2 weeks for 4 blocks altogether. I know i was told some have sympathetic mediated pain but not all symptoms to classify as CRPS. When i looked it up i found crps and sympathetic mediated pain are synonomous. Anyone know?? There are topicals such as lidoderm patches that help with nerve pain. momof4
Thanks for that information. I guess I'll what happens when this medication comes in the mail. I wish I didn't have to wait so long before getting another block! My first block in August. Going in my pain level that morning was at a 4, after the block in the recovery room it went down to a -3. The longest period of relief was for two days and my level of pain at that time was a 1. How I long for those two days. I just hope that he writes the mild CRPS in his report. The medication is a cream, and while I was waiting to be seen I heard him tell another patient about this cream. I can't remember what the name of it is but it starts with a (P). I wonder if this is something new on the market...I'd rather not be a test subject, but he kept telling me that I would like the way it's going to make me feel. I showed him how red my hand was (had a flare up in the office...it was pretty cold there) and he said it was normal for my condition. I just can't take this pain any more. I asked about Topomax, and he said first he wanted to see what this cream does.

Thanks again RNcrps.
lefty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote