View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 05:40 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMACK View Post
I Very much feel there are humans that walk this earth with a pure divinity about them, truly charasmatic with an ability to touch someones soul.

Are they all religious people.......no [not always]

But something about them is divine or superhuman; a kind of supernatural power or virtue; something which inspires awe.
And I truly believe that as well. I've met a few of those people.

I was raised in a Lutheran Church. The whole thing..Sunday School, Church, every single Sunday! Baptized there. Then whatever those classes were I had to take in junior high/high school to be confirmed into the church.

Then met and married a not so nice man, and he managed to turn me into an atheist. Or what I wouldn't admit to him (he was an abuser) was that it was probably more agnostic. Now...I'm not sure what I'd call myself but I'm sure we're all in for something good when 'our time' comes.

Do all prayers get answered? I don't think so. But I do believe the more love and compassion that we give out the more we'll get back. And if we all subscribe to that love and compassion, the world will be a better place.

The really really bad and evil people??? I'm not sure about them. I don't think their 'afterlife' will be as pleasant as it could have been.

But back to the original thought....I can't subscribe to suicides going to hell. Let alone there even being a 'hell'. Most of us struggle through hells of our own right here on this earth.

Bruna - rescued from a Missouri puppy mill
Doody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (10-07-2010), Alffe (10-06-2010), barbo (10-06-2010), DMACK (10-07-2010), wishnomore (10-07-2010)