View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 08:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janke View Post
You can pay your legal debts. How much do you owe your mother? What were the terms of your agreement? When she fronted you the food and shelter, what did the two of you agree on?

Without an agreement, you have no loan. You cannot make food and shelter become a loan after the fact.
We didn't have an official agreement, that's why I was asking... because I didn't think it was allowed to give her money unless it was a situation where I had a lease or something and hadn't paid for several months.

I haven't paid her the same amount any time--I just give her what I can, whenever I can. Not just for rent, but for bills, groceries, etc.

I was just asking to make sure I was understanding correctly that I cannot just hand her some cash if I don't have anything stating that I owe her money.

♥ "Hope is more than a word; it's a state of being. It's a firm belief God will come through. Life brings rain... hope turns every drop into the power to bloom like never before." -Holley Gerth ♥

My name is Sarah and I am 25 years old. I have a lot of chronic health problems. Peripheral neuropathy and POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) keep me bedridden the majority of the time. I also struggle with degenerative disc disease, disc desiccation, spondylolisthesis, arthritis, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) with insulin resistance, allergies, sound sensitivities, and other health problems.
smae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote