View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 06:15 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default ptosis

Hello , sorry to hear you have the eyebrow trouble, but since July last year I have been experiencing something similar to you- on top of my right eyebrow. It looked -quoting my neurologist- as I had a bottox injection in the wrong place.

I thought it might go away, but it didn't and three days ago my left eyelid dropped. I m 35 years of age and I hate mirrors (used to be quite good looking, forgive my lack of modesty), my life will never be again.
So I understand your pain, hopefully your ilness will stop here , but be prepared for other tricks on your face.

So to make fun of the situation one eye doesn t shut and one doesn t open...

One thing , both stories happened after episodes of upset ,some trivial family discussions.....One advice than... avoid any stress.

As about doctors...Without being disrespectfull to anyone, mine promissed last year I would never have eyelid ptosis -...no comments

You are your best doctor, you know your body better than anyone else, hopefully your problem will be solved in time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindie09 View Post
Hi All,

I know that MG is associated with eyeLID ptosis, but has anyone ever had or heard of a documented case of MG with only eyebrow ptosis?

I saw my optometrist today and she says that I clearly have ptosis, but it is eyebrow NOT eyelid. She says that the muscles in my forehead are weak. They slide down pushing on my eyebrow causing ptosis. My eyes and eyelid muscles are fine. She says that this is caused by aging. She reviewed my photos and the first sign of it occurred in 1998. I was only 21 years old.

This does not seem like it would make an MG diagnosis any easier and yet I am struggling to come up with anything else that fits ALL of my other symptoms.

Thanks,
Lindie
newmg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote