Thread: Support
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 09:21 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Things with my mental health and my mom are better but the physical stuff- turned into the opposite. Not even sure how to explain it. Mom is visiting sister right now. Sister told me that the neurological/memory/vertigo stuff is a) just an inner ear disorder (which I already know I have- and that is NOT just the reason for the vertigo!) b) that I do NOT have any memory problems- whatsoever (i.e.- I go to the wrong doctor appt. on the wrong day to the wrong doctors office/all the time, walk into rooms and forget why I went there/what I was doing, forget what I am suppose to do even if I write notes down, forget a conversation that I had earlier in the day, etc). On and on.

Sister told me that if I really wanted to get better I would have pushed to get into the specialty hospitals. I have- so has the specialty neurologist. Neither of us have gotten anywhere until a week ago- and finally got an appointment with one of the hospitals. Grrrr... Sister chewed me out for over 45 minutes. Just kept saying 'yeah, uh- huh'- and tried to not get into an argument with her- which is what she usually wants others to do with her. She loves to stir up the pot with anyone and everyone. It is just her nature.

I'm glad to be here. I know you all understand this type of life. It can be very difficult. It makes me feel okay when I sign on every day.

Hugs to you all!
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (10-07-2010), Mari (10-07-2010), OhKay (10-08-2010), waves (10-07-2010)